Web design

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Web design

Postby kenny » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:46 pm

I want to create a web site using a morphed design At the moment I am using yahoo site builder as my software is there anything else I need and how do I output morpheus to have a short load or streaming time for the web site
kenny :roll:
kenny

Postby Ark » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:36 pm

SWF files are the most ideal for web sites.
Smaller files will load faster. Check the options window to change options that will affect your file size.
Decrease the number of frames, the frames per second, or the JPEG Quality for smaller SWF files. These options all have tradeoffs in varies senses. Less frames will result in a quicker morph, less frames per second will result in a choppy morph compared to more frames per second which is a smoother morph, and less JPEG Quality will result in lower picture quality.
JPEG Quality is the best bet for controlling SWF sizes, but don't over do the number of frames or fps.
You can use a lower JPEG Quality such as 50 or 40 for the action and then check the box "Different end quality" and use 75 or 80 for the ending pictures so the final and beginning picture stills are better looking.
Check the "Wait for load" box if you want the SWF to pause on the first still picture until the entire thing is loaded, otherwise the morph may play slowly as it loads the first time and then at the normal speed when it repeats.
Make sure you leave the "Create HTML file" option checked, that will show you the sample html tags you need to use to link to your SWF file in your webpage.
If you save to foo.swf, a sample file foo_swf.html will be created. You can open foo_swf.html in notepad and copy and paste the contents into your webpage, then upload foo.swf to the same location as your webpage and it will work.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions