Fade dots option

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Fade dots option

Postby Bowhunt1 » Tue May 09, 2006 10:37 am

I am trying to use the fade dots option. when I select the dots and then go to fade dots on the tool bar whether I click start or end it does not do anything. Also, I am getting some distortion of the picture. I am really needing to get this figured out for a work presentation. I need to be able to take say a goatee from one picture and put it on another face. Can you help? Thanks. Also when I change the color of a group of dots it is changing every dot in the picture....?
Bowhunt1

Postby Ark » Tue May 09, 2006 1:58 pm

Please read through the tutorial, particularly the last page about fading dots at http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... osite6.php

The fade changes take place in the preview window, not in the picture windows themselves. When you are changing the color of dots, which does not affect your output mix, since it is just to help you work on your phot mix better, make sure you are changing the individual dots and not just the dot's default color. The default color will change all dots which have not had a specific color set to them (or dots which have been set back to the 'automatic' color). To set dots colors individually, you just use the toolbar item color option.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Bowhunt1 » Tue May 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Thanks for responding. I have read the tutorial about eleventy dozen times or so. There is nothing changing in the preview window. I have to still be doing something wrong.......? After I click start or end it just kind of toggles the preview picture from one picture to the other. it does not mix anything or apply any changes. Also, can you tell me where on the toolbar you change dot colors on certain dots not just default?
Bowhunt1

Postby Ark » Tue May 09, 2006 2:35 pm

The toolbar options for changing the color are just after the cut/copy/paste buttons, as you can see at http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... p#toolbars
These options are hidden if you are using Beginner Mode menus.
The paint bucket icon changes individual dots colors (based on which dots you have selected with the move dots or select dots tool) The next 3 buttons which show icons with an "A" on them in that screenshot change the opacity, style, or size of the dots.

Check in Morph Options what your Photo Mix Amount is. The default is 50.00%. If you have that set to 0.00 or 100.00 then the "blend" option on the fade dots (which is the default option) will not be any different than the "start" (if 0.00) or "end" (if 100.00) option.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Bowhunt1 » Tue May 09, 2006 2:48 pm

OK. now I can make the dots whatever color I want, but nothing still changes in the preview photo. If I click "Blend photos" it will do that, but I cannot get the fade dots option to work.
I select facial features using all one color.
I select the dots surrounding the features I want to keep.
I click "end" and nothing happens.
I click "start" and nothing happens.
Is there a step missing that I am not seeing? This is getting aggravating. :?
Bowhunt1

Postby Ark » Tue May 09, 2006 3:03 pm

As I mentioned before, changing the dots color has no effect on your output, it is merely to help you organize which dots you are using to do what.

Perhaps you should play around with the sample mixes more to get a better idea of how the fade option works. The baby-dog mix comes with the program. With the dots already set to fade to different pictures, you can see how the mix looks like:

If you simply select all of the dots, and then select "blend" from the fade dots menu, you will see what the mix looks like before any fade dots where used. It would look just like this:

Try fading all of the dots to the start or end, and you will see how the picture resembles the baby or the dog, but somewhat distorted because the dots positions are still transitioned as a mix, but the picture colors are taken from only one of the sides.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Bowhunt1 » Tue May 09, 2006 3:20 pm

When I use the example mix of the baby and the dog it works perfectly and does what I want it to do. For some reason, It just will not work with any of my pictures. Is it a problem with the program?
Bowhunt1

Postby Ark » Tue May 09, 2006 3:43 pm

No, the program will work exactly the same for whichever pictures you loaded. Perhaps you set some other option in the Timeline or Morph options window in your saved work, such as the Photo Mix Amount value in the Morph Options, which defaults to 50.00? That would have the biggest impact on the mixes.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Bowhunt1 » Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 pm

I have not saved any, because I haven't gotten any to work. Yes the mix is set to 50.00. What else can it be?
Bowhunt1

Postby Ark » Tue May 09, 2006 4:12 pm

Try placing more dots perhaps. You can start a new layout and load the sample pictures of the baby and dog, place dots, and use the fade option, it would be no different than starting a new layout and loading your own pictures and doing the same thing.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions