Getting AVIs to work

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Getting AVIs to work

Postby pnghosteldad » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:28 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get my uncompressed AVIs to work in Adobe Premiere. I read that some programs have Codec problems. Is Adobe Premiere one of those? If not, how can I get it to see the created morphs.

I am in trouble as I need this for a presentation that is rapidly approaching.
pnghosteldad

Postby Ark » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:00 pm

Some video editing programs only work with video in certain codecs, such as DV AVIs, or a codec tied to the video capture board which came with the certain video editing program for example. We do not maintain and specific list of 3rd party programs and which codecs that might require. You can always play your AVI files in media player to verify that they are ok and play fine. If you want to preseve quality of AVIs, trying uncompressed AVI will yield a differently formatted AVI when compared to the "(raw uncompressed)" option for compressed AVIs. The uncompressed AVI option will make better use of indexes and uses the old standard AVI file format which has limits such as 2GB files, but some old programs might not be able to read the newer formatted AVIs that Windows will generate with the compressed AVI option (even with the raw frames option, which uses no compresseion, but still uses the Windows DirectShow interface for creating AVIs).
Ark
Site Admin

More help please

Postby pnghosteldad » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:38 pm

I have read this quote elsewhere but it does not help me to get the program to work.

I bought the program because it is supposed to work with Adobe Premiere. I assume that it does based on the response in your FAQs to te question - What formats can I output/save my morphs in?

The answer - "Uncompressed AVIs: Perfect quality movies, very large, good for importing into movie editing software such as Adobe Premiere"

So how do I get them to be imported?
pnghosteldad

Postby Ark » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:44 pm

You might want to take this question to the Adobe support. We cannot help you use products which are not our own. The AVI files created by Morpheus are no different than any other AVI file in theory, so the answer should always be "you import the AVIs from Morpheus the exact same way you would import any other AVI you would have on your hard drive." If this is not the case, that points to a peculiarity in the movie editing program which would mean that the movie editing program does not support "all" AVIs. If Adobe Premiere still supports importing "AVI files" that should mean "any" AVI file, including any AVI files from Morpheus. The latest version of Premiere anybody here has access to is 6, and there are no known issues with that version and AVI files.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions