-2008 error

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

-2008 error

Postby paco » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:38 pm

just bought Photo Animation Suite v3.00 standard; after saving a morph ,when I try to open it with Quicktime or Real Player it does not open and error #-2008 INVALID MEDIA DATA WAS FOUND ON THE MOVIE.
Any help?
paco

Postby Ark » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:00 pm

Are you rendering your morph to a file, or are you trying to open the saved layout file in a movie player?

Please read through the tutorial at http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... torial.php

There are a couple of FAQs which may be helpful:
http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... m-finished
http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... s-the-best

There is more detailed information in the help files as well:
http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... nd-viewing
http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... -to-a-file
Ark
Site Admin

Postby paco » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:49 am

I'm rendering to a file in "My Documents"; cannot see the rendered morph or if I e-mail it that error code comes up. Please advise! Can see the morph before I render.
paco

Postby Ark » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:15 am

What file format are you rendering to?
Ark
Site Admin

Postby paco » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:35 pm

flash
paco

Postby Ark » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:51 pm

Flash is a web based format which requires the Macromedia Flash Player Plugin, which is not something made or supported by Morpheus Software. I don't think a Flash file would play in Quicktime or Real Player, since it is not a movie file like an AVI is. Make sure you have the flash plugin installed and are using valid html to display the flash file in the browser, such as the sample html Morpheus can generate.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby paco » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:23 pm

I have an older version of Morpheus and it renders to SWF (shockwave flash object) perfectly; which I open with Quicktime or Real player. What am I doing wrong? Cannot see nor e-mail any of my morphs!
paco

Postby Ark » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:59 pm

The Flash created by Morpheus v1.85 and Morpheus v3.00 are the mostly the same, except now with Morpheus v3.00, the Flash is compressed and requires Flash 6, where as it only required Flash 4 before. Otherwise, the swf files would be the same exact content and should play in any proper player just fine.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby paco » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:05 am

downloaded last flash version (10); still getting the same errror, searched the web for flash 6, couldnt finf it. Why isnt flash 6 included in your package? Can I insert an image on this forum space? (An image showing tha screen mistake #)[/img]
paco

Postby Ark » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:29 am

Flash players are backwards compatible (meaning, you need v6 or higher to play a v6-formated file). Flash is not made or supported by us, so we can not include it with Morpheus. Flash is made by Macromedia. For more details about Flash, you could contact Macromedia directly for information.

Yes, you can insert images into your posts, but you can only link to images hosted elsewhere, so you would need to first upload the picture file to your own webspace someplace else and then link to that.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby paco » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:27 am

Thanks with your patience with me! Still cannot open nor watch anything with "swf"; but can do it with "gif". Flash 6 has a $699 tag price on Adobe Macromedia!!! Does not make sense to invest such amount. Now on 70% of the morphs I create the program lets me render but not save; I click the "save" key and nothing happens. Should I uninstall and reinstall this software? On rare occasions an "swf" morph, when I render and save, somehow the program opens up the old Morph software and it lets me render and watch and e-mail the finished product. Please advise.
paco

Postby Ark » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:16 am

The Flash MX program which lets you create, edit, and script Flash movies is not the same as the Flash Player Plugin. The player/plugin is free, and most people already have it installed by default since it comes with their computer.

The "Save" button will save your layout (*.aml file, which the work you have created). If you already saved the layout before, save just saves it again, using the same name. Only Save As (under the file menu) would ask you for a filename again. That is the same as how many other programs work too.

If you render a *.swf file and it opens using the older version of Morpheus, that means at one time Windows asked you what program to open a *.swf file with since no program was set to open them, and you picked Morpheus. Morpheus cannot load *.swf files. Try simply dragging the file into your web browser. Also try the option to generate sample html with the swf, and opening that instead. Swf files are typically played only in web browsers.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions