Rendered avi files won't play in Final Cut Pro timeline.

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Rendered avi files won't play in Final Cut Pro timeline.

Postby tubeman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:10 pm

When I was using the trial version of Morpheus I rendered the final morph as an uncompressed avi file. Then I converted the file to a Quicktime avi file and imported it into Final Cut Pro for editing. It played back fine on the FCP timeline. After I purchased the Morpheus software with the Pro upgrade I proceeded to do the same render and convert to Quicktime avi as before. The Quicktime player plays the avi file fine but now when I import the file into Final Cut Pro the image goes black when I try to play it back on the timeline so something changed when I purchased the software. If I can't use it with FCP it is of no use to me. What could have changed in the avi rendering output to cause this problem?
tubeman

Postby Ark » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:28 pm

From your description it sounds like the problem is with the Quicktime thing you are using to change the AVI, and not with Morpheus. Morpheus can create a compressed AVI using any video-for-windows codec you have installed on your system and there is nothing different about AVIs created by Morpheus that should cause them to play where other AVIs will not. There is nothing different about the trial or Pro version when rendering to AVIs, the files created would be exactly the same. I would skip the Quicktime step and try compressing directly to the codec you need for Final Cut.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby tubeman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:51 pm

I am creating the avi render using Virtual PC with Windows XP Pro. After I create the avi file I drag it out of Virtual PC and copy it onto the Mac desktop where it automatically becomes a Quicktime file. The files I created using the trial software played back fine in Final Cut Pro and still do. The newly created files after I purchased the software won't show up on the timeline nor will they create a still image when the playhead is paused on it. All I see is black.
tubeman

Return to General Questions