How do I make something disappear?

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

How do I make something disappear?

Postby tommikat » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:24 pm

Hello. I am a newbie at this. First post too. I tried searching the forums for this first but did not finding anything and would appreciate some help.

I have 2 identical pictures except picture1 has a blue square in it. Picture2 does not, and has some background where the square was. How do I make the squared isappear during the morph? I would like it to appear to shrink from left to right. As it shrinks, I want the background that's in picture2 to become visible. How do I do this with the dots? And what should the transparency settings be on either picture?

I looked at the Pam Anderson sample and assumed I should do something like a warp (but in reverse), dotting one edge and moving it to the right, but I got a lot of blurring. And the background that is behind the square did not come out from behind the square, it came out from somewhere else nearby. Okay, I'm rambling. Thanks in advance for any help.
tommikat

Postby Ark » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:14 pm

If you have two different pictures, you want a morph, not a warp. You will want to play around with the dots to get the effect just like you want, and place extra dots that do not move if you don't want other parts of the picture to move as well.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby tommikat » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:19 pm

No, like I said, I have 2 identical pictures. Picture2 was derived from picture1, and then I added a blue square to it. Other than the blue square, they are the same picture. thanks
tommikat

Postby Ark » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:21 pm

If you have a picture derived from another, you have two separate pictures. Warps only involve one single picture, where you would load the indentical picture into both boxes.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby tommikat » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:28 am

okay, thank you. I think I understand now. Yes, two separate pictures that are almost identical. After working on it past midnight, I think there's no way I can do this with this product. As the left square edge moves to the right, I want the background of Picture2 to become immediately visible (not fade or morph in).

It's still a great product tho!
tommikat

Return to General Questions