avi not working in pinnacle

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

avi not working in pinnacle

Postby aussiejosho » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:32 am

I know others have posted this same problem but i wasn't able to find a solution on the forum... did anyone manage to get a uncompressed .avi morph successfully imported into a video project on pinnacle v9.3.5???

I shoot PAL and so are using 25fps, the files I have created show the same dimensions and other stats in their properties as other .avi files in the pinnacle project but they won't import.... whats going wrong?
aussiejosho

Postby Ark » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:43 am

We don't have Pinnacle here so we cannot test with it even, but it sounds like that program only supports AVIs compressed with certain specific codecs, maybe only DV codecs. Morpheus does not support DV because Morpheus uses the windows AVI library called Video for Windows, which supports all V4W codecs installed on your system, via the windows libraries. There is no DV V4W codec, so you cannot export DV from Morpheus. DV is only available as a DirectShow Filter, which is a newer windows library, part of DirectX and Windows Media Player, that also allows similar functionality to V4W, but is significantly more difficult to program with.
The next version of Morpheus will change to use DirectShow filters for movie file loading and creating. DirectShow also functions as a wrapper for V4W so no functionality will be lost. You should gain the ability to use WMV, MPG, and DV-AVI files from this move. This new version of Morpheus is still a few months off at least though. You can request to join the beta-testers forum if you would like to see the current test builds though.
This change means that the next version of Morpheus will require DirectX 7.1 or higher, and Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher installed, in order to use movie files now.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions