2 questions re: licensing and morpheus pro capability.

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

2 questions re: licensing and morpheus pro capability.

Postby yamfarmer » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:18 pm

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any reply.

1.) Can I use Morpheus Pro in my business? I'm starting a small business and I need to know if your product needs to be licensed.

2.) Can Morpheus Pro blend, not morph, physical characteristics of 2 photo subjects--a baby and a man, for example? For example, I would like to insert the eyes, eyebrows and mouth of a baby onto the face of a man. Can Morpheus Pro stop and create a picture in "mid-morph"? The idea is to look a little more creepy, as if the eyes and mouth were cut and pasted onto the man's face, the edges blurred to subtly match the incongruous subjects, instead of the more natural-looking morphing, in which the baby kind of "evolves" and grows into the man.

Conan O'Brien's sketch "If They Mated" is a good example. They take 2 celebrities with distinguished features and mix them up in a perverse look at what their offspring would look like. To me, this is different than morphing. It's a mixing of characteristics. Am I wrong? Does Morpheus Pro do this?

Thanks again and sorry for getting so wordy.

Sincerely, R.J. Samson
yamfarmer

Postby Ark » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:53 pm

You must purchase one license for each computer you will be running Morpheus on, regardless of if its for a business or home use.

By default, Morpheus creates movies of one picture transforming into another. If you want to create composite images of two pictures, you can output to a picture sequence and discard all but the single frame you want.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby yamfarmer » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:28 pm

thank you.

how much is the license? also, do you know of any other software which will produce composites as opposed to moving images? extracting the "single frame" will be too time consuming.

thanks again. RJ
yamfarmer

Postby Ark » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:25 pm

You can see our prices right on the purchase page at https://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheus/secure/purchase.php

Extracting a frame is not time consuming, Morpheus can export to a picture sequence which will result in one image per frame, such as 1 .jpg file for each frame. If you are only interested in a 50/50 composite type image, you can set the total number of frames to 3, which will render to 3 files, then delete the two you don't need.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions