Cannot activate Morpheus

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Cannot activate Morpheus

Postby TSJ » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:58 am

I purchased it through Broderbund. I have the activation code. I enter it, and it doesn't work.

I previously had a trial copy of Morpheus on my computer. I removed it and installed the downloaded copy from broderbund.com, but after I enter my activation code, I get an Error 12007:Name Not Resolved. I click OK,and the buy morphus/Activate morpheus screen comes up. I paste the activation code into it, pres Activate and I get the error message again.

Hopefully you will be able to help me, even though I didn't buy it through you.

Thanks so much!
TSJ

Postby Ark » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:03 am

"Error 12007:Name Not Resolved" is a windows error, meaning that windows is unable to resolve the name www.morpheussoftware.net for the program. It is required that you be online in order to activate, which is a one-time process. You will need to check that no firewall or proxy software is blocking access to the program if you are sure you are online.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby VioletGT@msn.com » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:38 pm

I, too, bought Morpheus1.85 from Broderbund, however was not given a key for download, or even the option to download, after entering my payment information. I atempted to contact Broderbund tech support via E-mail and also Riverdeep tech support via E-mail(suposedly the company that now owns Broderbund)but both e-mail were returned to me as "Delivery Status Notification, Falure". I recieved a confirmation E-mail from Riverdeep stating that my order was complete, but no information as to how to download the program that I purchased, no activation key, and no info as to recieving a CD by mail. This was a special offer from Broderbund that I recieved in E-mail, leading me to believe that as soon as I paid for my download, I would be able to download the program. Can you help?
VioletGT@msn.com

Postby Ark » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:15 pm

Unfortunately, if you purchase from a reseller, they are responsibly for fulfillment of your order. We cannot look up orders or provide activation codes for 3rd party orders since none of the information will be in our database. You definately should receive an activation code, either in a popup window when you order, or by email, depending on the vendor. You will also need to use the version of the program provided by them as the download on our website does not accept the licenses given out by other vendors.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby VioletGT@msn.com » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:25 pm

Thank you for your reply. I understand why you can not be responsible for a 3rd party purchase, and was not ecpecting you to be responsible. I was only hoping that you could give me some advise on how I could get what I paid for. It is too bad that a company such as Broderbund can sell your product, and not follow up with customer support ot tech support. It may influence others as to the purchase of your product, causing you loss in sales in the future.
I am looking forward to using Morheus and have heard nothing but good things about your program.
VioletGT@msn.com

Postby Ark » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:49 pm

I believe that you can log into their website to get information about your order. I also understand that Broderbund provides your activation code on the website during or after the order process along with a download hosted on their website.
Broderbund will likely answer support emails, but being such a large software distributer, they could have a longer turn-around time then us here.
Ark
Site Admin

Cannot Activate Morpheus

Postby vinson » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:29 am

Broderbund keeps your purchased software downloads under your
login account w/passwd. If you have a HD crash I assume you can
download again time after time. I assumed this was true as when I
purchased Morpheus, All of my other purchases were on the page I
down loaded from. There is no support for this software at Broderbund.
vinson

Postby VioletGT@msn.com » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:42 pm

I know it sounds like I am beating a dead horse into the ground, but I just tried accesing my Broderbund account again. I logged in using my screen name and password, went to "My Downloads", and it said there were no downloads there for me at this time. I checked my shopping cart incase the order did not go through, nothing in shopping cart. I checked my online banking account and I was charged for the order on 2/11/05.
I sent an e-mail to info@Broderbund.com and also one to info@riverdeep.com, which is where their tech support stated that they could be reached by e-mail, both came back as failures. I called their tech support line, at both companies, and they are only available 8-5 Central Standard time,so I now will have to wait until Monday, to see if I can resolve this. Don't think I will be recommending Broderbund or Riverdeep to anyone in the near future.
VioletGT@msn.com

Return to General Questions