Key Frame Help

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Key Frame Help

Postby Paul » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:29 am

I'm having trouble coming to grips with key frames. The documentation in the help file is quite skimpy. Is there more comprehensive documentation available anywhere--hopefully a tutorial involving all of Morpheus' key frame features and variations?

Again, TIA for the help,
Paul

Postby Ark » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:14 pm

No, there is no more documentation other then the help files, FAQ, and tutorial that come with the program. There are many tool-tips in the keyframe window if you hover your mouse for a second you can get more information about each feature that way. Are you trying to morph movies or just define a specific path for your dots in a normal picture morph?
Ark
Site Admin

Connecting the Dots

Postby Paul » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:40 am

I'm basically just trying to learn how the key frames feature and its numerous options work. If there's really any one thing I'm trying to accomplish, it's to solve the problem I asked about in another thread. (That's why I titled this message, "Connecting the dots--a double entendre based on my bringing together the two threads I've started on this forum.) I.e., I created a morph which is not working due to the inability to "seal off" areas; and I was hoping to find a work-around.

I must say, so far I'm pretty bewildered. Depending on the key frames options I choose, the dots in all three pictures--that is, in picture 1 *as well as* in picture 2 and the preview window, move around in ways I don't always fathom.

I believe understand the function of key frames in formats like, say, MP3; I think I also grasp their underlying concept in Morpheus; where they provide "stations" that picture segments I've defined visit on the journey to their final destination. Yet the specifics of the implementation elude me.

I'd really appreciate any help I could get on overcoming this difficulty.
Paul

Postby Ark » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:37 pm

Key frames will not help you with creating lines for the triangles. It is a completely different feature. The triangle lines are created based on the first picture's dot layout. The triangles are created in the best possible fashion, from a mathematical standpoint, which is to simultaneously maximize the roundness of every triangle, or to put it another way, to minimize the amount of long and skinny triangles.
Key frames are more like what you call 'stations' to define the path for the dots to travel along. Assuming you are using the "1 set of key frames" feature and not the "2 sets" version, it will allow you to define a path other then a straight line from the location of the dot on picture #1 to the location of the dot on picture #2. You can see the location of your keyframes by the little markers above the preview-slider-bar (http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheus/help/help.php#11) Simply scrolling through your morph will change the view of the keyframes you are currently editing, since you can only see two keyframes at once.
You can think of not using key frames as actually having two key frames, one at the start, and one at the end. Creating more key frames, for example, having 5 total frames including the 2 original ones, will cause your view when the preview slider bar is at 0% to show the 1st and 2nd keyframe. Once you approach closer to 20% on the slider, your view will jump to the 2nd and 3rd keyframes. The 2nd keyframe was originally displayed in picture box 2, but will now be displayed in picture box 1.

Hopefully this helps explain the features - we realize they may be difficult to use because of the nature of the program only currently supporting two images. This is one of the big changes that will happen for the next release of Morpheus - there will be any number of windows instead of just two boxes to work with.
Ark
Site Admin

Lost Mail

Postby Paul » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:21 am

I sent a long, detailed, response to this. Did it get lost?

This in one reason I prefer conventional e-mail support to this kind of forum. If my message is lost in cyberspace, I'd still have a copy in my sent-folder were this e-mail.
Paul

Postby Ark » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:02 am

If you posted a reply to the forum and it did not show up, its likely your browser didn't finish loading the page or you hit the stop or back button before it completed.
While you can email our support address, we prefer to address issues on the forums because it will help avoid a lot of redundant emails by letting everybody share in the information.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions