problem with viewing avi files in pinnacle studio

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

problem with viewing avi files in pinnacle studio

Postby rschling » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:22 am

I use the Studio DV8 (pinnacle)video editing software but I am having problems with rendering avi files (compressed or decompressed) in this program (if I import avi files made by morpheus, there is only a blur instead of a moving picture - there is however no problem viewing the morpheus-avi-files in the windows mediaplayer). Studio has no problem with other avi files on my computer (windows ME) or mpeg files. Can you help me?
rschling

Postby Ark » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:03 am

If your AVI plays fine in Media player and not in other programs, it is likely a problem with the other program. You should look for support from the maker of that program if that is the case.
Ark
Site Admin

Studio DV8 (pinnacle)video editing

Postby Jack » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:38 pm

We would like to upgrade to the Pro version since it creates .avi files but won't if we can not use Studio DV8 (pinnacle)video editing. Is there a known problem or have people been able to successfully use Studio DV8?
Jack

Postby Ark » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:11 pm

There is no known problem with AVI files created with Morpheus. Morpheus uses the standard windows library "video for windows" to create AVI files, so it is guaranteed to be compatible with any other program that is able to read standard AVI files.
We do not have this Pinnacle product ourselves, so we can not test it, but there is a chance that Pinnacle only supports AVI files compressed with a certain codec or options specific to the program or hardware bundled with the program. You could always make sure to pick the proper codec when compressing an AVI file from Morpheus though.
Ark
Site Admin

file opening failure with pinnacle studio

Postby crackpot » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:39 pm

bought morpheus pro acct. avi file feature. but when i try to import a ".avi video" into pinnacle studio v9.3.5 i get error--"the video file c:\-----.avi" could not be opened. all the morph' avi files play in media player. no format opens in pinnacle. without this i dont want morpheus, which is a shame because its really great. help!!
crackpot

Re: file opening failure with pinnacle studio

Postby crackpot » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:18 pm

crackpot wrote:bought morpheus pro acct. avi file feature. but when i try to import a ".avi video" into pinnacle studio v9.3.5 i get error--"the video file c:\-----.avi" could not be opened. all the morph' avi files play in media player. no morph. format opens in pinnacle. without this i dont want morpheus, which is a shame because its really great. help!!
crackpot

Postby Ark » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:42 pm

I believe that this issue is a problem or by design for Pinnacle Studio and if you need any more information, you should contact Pinnacle. We do not have this program and we have no way to test with it, but even if we did, the fact that Media Player plays the AVI just fine should lead one to believe that there are no problems with the AVI file itself as generated by Morpheus.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby crackpot » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:42 pm

ARK, THANKS FOR THE MESSAGE. I KNEW THERE WAS NOTHING WITH MORPHEUS. AGAIN ITS TWO SOFTWARES DOING BATTLE OVER LEADERSHIP. HOW DUMB AM I, I THOUGHT AVI WAS AVI. BOY AM I WRONG. IS WINDOWS LIBRARY "VIDEO FOR WINDOWS" A CODEC.(GOT IT FROM A DIFF. FORUM PAGE). IF NOT CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT CODEC MORPHEUS USES. MAYBE I CAN FIND A CONVERTER, OR SOMETHING. IM JUST LOOKING FOR GUIDENCE. THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT EDUCATION THANKS JIM.
crackpot

Postby Ark » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:50 pm

Video For Windows is the windows library that creates the AVIs. Morpheus uses that library, as most programs do. The dialog box you see in Morpheus when you pick Compressed AVI that lets you pick the codec you want is displayed by VfW, not by Morpheus. You can use any codec that you have installed because VfW does most of the work.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby crackpot » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:01 am

HI ARK, THANKS , THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER. I NO LONGER HEAR THE VOICES TELLING ME TO PUNCH THE MONITOR. ONE OF THE CODECS "PICVIDEO MJPEG" IS USED BY PINNACLE IN THERE VERSION 8. SEVERAL COMPRESSED MORPH'S WORKED GOOD IN PINNACLE. BUT I HAVE QUALITY ISSUES. (IM OLD IM FAT & HAIR LOSS). OH WELL, THE FRAME RATE GOES DOWN TO 20.00fps INSTEAD OF 29.97fps which is standard. the file size drops from 500mb to about 35mp when compressed (I KNOW thats what they do). after editing and saving the video is very choppy. i would rather work with uncompressed "raw avi". most of my video files are gig size. pinnacle is also trying to help, they downloaded the trail version to test it for me. THE ONLY QUESTION I HAVE TODAY IS THE 20.00FPS (FRAMES PER SECOND). IS THAT BECAUSE OF THE COMPRESSION OR IS THAT A MORPHEUS CHOICE? THAT MAY BE THE REASON THE RAW AVI IS NOT BEING LOADED, OR SO IM TOLD. THANKS---JIM
crackpot

Postby Ark » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:10 am

Morpheus lets you pick any FPS value you want when creating AVIs, you can set that in the options window.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions