Choppy video

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Choppy video

Postby chibis » Mon May 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Hello
I am creating a morph off of multiple images. The first few images work more or less tolerable, but as it continues the transitions get more and more choppy. What options should I try and adjust? Also where can I find help/description of all the options.
Thank you.
chibis

Re: Choppy video

Postby Ark » Tue May 03, 2016 1:41 am

Are you rendering your video to a file and playing that file, or are you just viewing in the preview window. If you're just viewing in the preview window, your laptop CPU may throttle back to a slower speed after some time and cause choppier viewing. This only affects the preview window which will skip frames in order to keep previewing at the correct pace. When you render to a video file, it may take longer than realtime, but the resulting movie will not be missing any frames.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby chibis » Tue May 03, 2016 9:53 am

Thanks for prompt reply.
It happens in the video, rather than preview. Preview seems choppy too, but not as much. I tried Flash (.swf), Quicktime (.mov) and Uncompressed AVI. And it does seem to skip frames as you mentioned. I have 25 frames per second, quality 75 (whatever this means)
chibis

Postby Ark » Thu May 05, 2016 6:51 am

Perhaps you want to change the FPS setting. The default may be 15 frames per second. 30 may appear smoother to you. It may also simply be how you have placed the dots on the pictures. Try adjusting the dots or looking at the sample morphs included with the program to see how they play.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby chibis » Mon May 09, 2016 11:10 pm

I tried changing fps to 60 with 180 frames in each morph and changed the quality to a 100. It resulted in a larger video file. 7 times larger in fact, but the transitions are still choppy. Could that be caused by the number of pictures? I have about 40
chibis

Postby Ark » Tue May 10, 2016 6:04 am

No, the number of pictures will not change the animation.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby chibis » Tue May 10, 2016 9:35 am

Hello Ark,
You mentioned adjusting the dots. What would you recommend to do with them? Do I need more, do I need less? Also where would I find sample morphs. I can't seem to locate them. Thank you.
chibis

Postby Ark » Tue May 10, 2016 4:44 pm

More dots is almost always better.

The sample morphs are included in the program's directory and can be loaded from the wizard that appears when you start the program (or go to File / Layout Wizard).
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions