Is Morpheus still in business?

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Is Morpheus still in business?

Postby Morphrak » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:54 pm

I have been trying to send an email to Morpheus Support from several of my email accounts and all of them come back as being blocked as Spam. One was even just a message that had Subject: Test with the message stating "Test". The address I am using is <support@morpheussoftware.net>.
Morphrak

Re: Is Morpheus still in business?

Postby Ark » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:54 pm

Yes, we are still here. We answer many other support emails per day, so it might be that your email provider is blacklisted or otherwise misconfigured. What domain is your email address (the @xyz.com part)?
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Morphrak » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:47 pm

@suddenlink.net

I have a new computer and when I transferred Morpheus to it, it asks for the activation code which I no longer can find. What do I need to do?
Morphrak

Postby Ark » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:15 pm

If you purchased on our website originally, you can use the Locate Order tool under the Support menu on our website and a copy of your order receipt with activation code will be emailed to you. I do not see any problems with suddenlink.net being blocked anywhere.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby mikelly321 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:18 pm

glad to hear that you are! while you're hopefully still available for comment, I wonder why the Exports are so pixelated as I have seen many others ask, but have seen no replies...

I'm exporting as Quicktime Animation Best Quality, Millions of Colors. the size is 1024 x 1417. I'm running v3.17 Professional. the output looks like 256 colors (an animated gif rather than a movie). is this a program limitation or am I doing something wrong? also tried H264 highest quality.

thanks!
mikelly321

Postby Ark » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:29 pm

The quality of Quicktime output is mainly controlled by the Quicktime settings. Try rendering to the other file formats such as a series of PNG files or Flash SWF and see how it looks. Also, try the Preview window in Proof mode (instead of Draft mode) to see exactly what would be rendered for that frame.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby mikelly321 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:18 pm

first off, thanks for the prompt reply...

however, I have to ask: shouldn't Quicktime Animation render the highest quality? or H264? both set for millions of colors (even tried Million of Colors + for Animation)? why would the output look like 256 colors from these formats? I have no use for a series of png files or a swf so it really doesn't matter how they look. I need a high quality Quicktime output. the Preview file even set at Draft Speed 2 (even blown up slightly) is 10x better! see comparison file attachment.
mikelly321

Postby mikelly321 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:42 pm

I had to use Snapz Pro X to do a movie screen record of the Morph playing as a Proof Preview in Draft Speed 1. I then had to take it into Premiere and speed it back up to actual speed.

there has got to be a better way! I have a project that needs a lot of high quality morphs in it. I have the Professional version 3.17.

thanks again!
mikelly321

Postby Ark » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:20 pm

mikelly321 wrote:first off, thanks for the prompt reply...

however, I have to ask: shouldn't Quicktime Animation render the highest quality? or H264? both set for millions of colors (even tried Million of Colors + for Animation)? why would the output look like 256 colors from these formats? I have no use for a series of png files or a swf so it really doesn't matter how they look. I need a high quality Quicktime output. the Preview file even set at Draft Speed 2 (even blown up slightly) is 10x better! see comparison file attachment.

This is the process for determining what the problem is and what the best solution is. We're not telling you that you need to use the PNG files, we're just saying to compare them to gain information. On our side, we need to understand if the issue is with Quicktime or with Morpheus, and since a series of PNG files renders correctly, and the preview window renders correctly, the issue must be outside of Morpheus. Once Morpheus hands off the rendered frame data to Quicktime, it is outside of our control. Only Quicktime and the Quicktime options and/or codec options will determine how the end result Quicktime file appears.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby mikelly321 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:22 pm

so I tested in your suggested formats, and each rendered fine...

any idea why there's such a colorization disconnect with Quicktime? what can be done to solve this issue in that format? is this a recent issue?

I really need to figure this out!
mikelly321

Postby mikelly321 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:36 pm

I brought the exported swf into Flash, and exported it from there as a Quicktime in the default Animation codec. it looks perfect... if worse come to worst, I'll just follow that procedure.
mikelly321

Return to General Questions