Crashes and Sample Files not located

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Crashes and Sample Files not located

Postby cracof » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 am

August 31, 2012
Morpheus Photo Animation Suit
Use and iMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 23 Duo running Version OS X 10.6.8
Good Morning: I downloaded the Mac version yesterday and immediately upgraded to version 3.01 Standard.
I am having two difficulties which I Cannot find any answers on your support page.

1. Where are the Sample Files located. I cannot find them anywhere on my MAC

2. Each time I try and send an e mail of a layout using flash or gif the application crashes.

Please help me out.
Thank You... Craig
cracof

Re: Crashes and Sample Files not located

Postby Ark » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:10 pm

Use the wizard that appears when you start the program to load the sample files. It will point you to the correct path.

If the permissions on the folders are not correct, the application may not be able to render the temporary file to upload. Try reinstalling the program.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cracof » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Thank you ARC.
I reinstalled the MAC program version 3.01 Standard. Regarding the Sample Files location: I CANNOT LOAD A SAMPLE LAYOUT INCLUDED WITH THE PROGRAM VIA MORPHEUS WIZARD DIRECTLY.
I HAVE FOUND THE SAMPLE FILES UNDER MY MAC HD. I MUST FIRST GO TO MAC HD >LIBRARY>APPLICATION SUPPORT>MORPHEUS SOFTWARE>MORPHEUS PHOTO ANIMATION SUITE>HELP AND SAMPLES FOLDERS. THERE I CAN OPEN INDIVIDUAL FILES.. IS THIS HOW THIS PROGRAM WORKS?

Further...after saving a Morphed file I am not able to e mail it. Each time I try and send an e mail of a layout using flash or gif the application crashes. Here is my process SO...I AM IN MY LAYOUT WHICH HAS BEEN SAVED. I THEN GO TO SHARE>E MAIL....>ENTER MY E MAIL AND EMAIL OF RECIPIENT (HOW DOES PROGRAM KNOW MY INTERNET PROVIDER/E MAIL ACCOUNT?) >FLASH .SWF>>SELECT MY UPLOAD SPEED (HIGH SPEED) AND CLICK SEND MORPH> AND THEN GET A ERROR MSG "SEND MORPH ERROR-UNABLE TO READ THE FILE. PLEASE SAVE YOUR LAYOUT OR PICTURES INA DIFFERENT LOCATION: I have done this to no avail. If I try and send a GIF the Application crashes.
A further observation is the program does not seem to be 'rendering' the files correctly. It starts to and in the middle of the 'rendering' the screen closes. On the SEND MORPH screen under Total File Size: it reads 0 bytes and Estimated time: 0.0 sec.

These are my two challenges at the moment. I can morph pics however, I cannot send them. Where is my error. And...I cannot use the Sample Files for any tutorial benefits.
Thanks ARC for any assistance you can guide me through.
Craig
Morpheus Photo Animation Suit
Order placed on Aug 30, 2012 6:16:20 PM
Use and iMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 23 Duo running Version OS X 10.6.8
cracof

Postby Ark » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:34 am

Everything you describe sounds like issues with the folders on your Mac. Morpheus is not able to read or write files to the locations it should be able to. This may be caused by foreign letters or accented characters in any of the paths or usernames, or a permissions problem on some of the folders.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cracof » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:17 am

September 1, 2012 10:10am
Arc.... After reading your reply I became quite frustrated. BUT....you got me thinking about permission and files not being able to be read and written. So...after some investigation and 'fooling' around...discovered that the program and files had not been included in my 'user name/folder and only in the Administrator's Folder (if this makes sense). So..I went in and added my user name file to 'read & write' to the morpheus files and... wait for it.....
I was able to send a morphed file via e mail. So that's been accomplished. Now...I am still unable to access the tutorial --"Load a sample layout included with the program" via the Morpheus Wizard. Now...the 'sample files' are located under my MAC HD Library as formally described. Should I copy or drag that file into my 'users name->library> application support folder? Copy or simply drag the file out of my MAC HD and relocate it to my 'users name' library/application support folder?
Again thanks for your prompt replies and help.
Craig
cracof

Postby Ark » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:49 pm

You could move it to your user's folder. The installer should set the permissions so that all users can read the files though, if you run through the entire thing. Just dragging the program and copying it from another computer will not install the software for this reason though, permissions cannot be set by that alone.
All of the help files and tutorials are available on our website as well as included with the program.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cracof » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:14 pm

ARC...thanks again for your replies. I moved the file to my user's folder which caused many problems so I just moved it back to the MAC HD File. Then when I opened the app it would not read any of the files. Going back into looking as the permissions of each file they had converted to read only and did not include my User's File. So I had to change each individually so I could access them. (very buggy application). Further each time I want to send an e mail I have to
first type in my e mail account (which does show up again in future e mail sendings) but the recipients address I have to re type...even if I had used the same address previously. By the way I cannot copy and paste in address because that function in grayed out under the 'EDIT" tab of the application. Why is this? Also the recipient receives my Morphed File along with an advertisement for the Application. I cannot add a message to the e mail unless I send it to myself delete the advertisement verbiage add my own message and send it on. Any way to avoid this? Will this occur in an upgrade app for $60 bucks more which will also include quicktime which my version does not although if one reads through the description/tutorial of the application it shows it. I have read now that it is only included in the upgrade version. Hmmmmm.
I have spent hours just trying to get this application installed properly. Why, do you think, it did not install under my user account which has caused this frustration in the first place? I have never had an installation not show up in my user's account. I am the administrator and have a separate account for myself and a 'test' account just in case I have to take my MAC in to an Apple Store for any problems. The program app did show up under the 'test' account but not in my user account. I downloaded the app from your web site with a purchase. Anyway that a physical copy will be a better solution with all the Morpheus Files in their proper location and with the e mail address functioning so that I don't have to re type each entry. Also, I created a new folder on my desk top named 'new folder' and place my saved morphed files into it. Then when I wanted to open one the app gave me a message "FAILED TO LOAD THE PICTURE: /USERS/CRACOF/DESKTOP/UNTITLED FOLDER/(name of pic) and then underneath it is written "unable to open file". "Would you like to locate the picture yourself?" This is why I have called this app, for me, to be 'buggy'.
Further, if I want to see a tutorial of a finished 'morph' for instance when I go to the Wizard and click on 'load a sample layout' I have to click all the way to the MAC HD > Library> etc finally to 'samples' and click <mix-dad-lion.aml>
to see a sample. Is this the process in this application? Since I am new this app I have no idea how the program 'really is supposed to function'. Thanks for reading this and getting back when you have a chance.
Warmly...Craig
cracof

Postby Ark » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 pm

There are some issues with accented characters in paths or file names which are fixed for the next, future release. For now, you would have to rename any paths or filenames for the pictures you are loading to include only basic ASCII letters.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cracof » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:33 pm

September 2, 2012
Arc... I never mentioned having any ' accented characters in paths or file names. Here is an example of a file that would not open up... cookie to bryan Friday morph.aml There are no accents in this file name.
Since I am having so much difficulty with the installation and reinstallation of this program. How about sending me a hard copy of the program and let's see if this is more successful.
Thanks...
Craig
ps...what about the other difficulties I am having...copy and paste etc.?
cracof

Return to General Questions