Dots moved on saved files

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Dots moved on saved files

Postby jiminct » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Help!

A bunch of my morphs have suddenly changed. I reopened several morphs to continue working on them and the dots are all moved on the start image. I've got hours into these and hundreds of dots and they are all offset.

As I type this I realize that I resized the start image on one of the morphs I created after these older morphs. Am I correct in thinking that Morpheus does not import the photo into the software but references the image? Thus, when I edit the image, it affects all of the files referenced?

Well thats dumb!

Arghhhhh.
jiminct

Re: Dots moved on saved files

Postby Ark » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Yes, the pictures are saved in your layout file by the path and filename only, in order to keep them up to date if you make changes to the picture. This is explained in the help files at http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... p#pictures

If you open your layout file, and then load a new picture into the picture window that is a different size, the dots will be repositioned automatically based on the new size however. This means you must close Morpheus Photo Morpher, and change he picture files that your layout currently references back to the old size. It doesn't matter if you just rename "pic.jpg" to "pic2.jpg" and make a completely blank white picture file called "pic.jpg" in the same location. Make the blank file the exact width and height your picture used to be, then reopen Morpheus, load your layout, and load pic2.jpg into that picture box.

If you have also cropped the image, you will need to select all the dots and move them accordingly.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions