Can't import jpegs

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Can't import jpegs

Postby Elln » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:00 am

I purchased Morph today and have prepared my images in the size I need on photoshop to test it.
My images are 1024x576 (purely because I'd like to burn my morphs on a DVD and this is the size for a PAL 16:9 DVD - I think...), standard jpeg and are located on an internal hard drive, different from my main Macintosh HD.
The thing is, Morph won't import them, it doesn't recognize them. It hardly recognizes any jpegs from my computer. It sometimes imports them but then I can't save the file. I don't understand what's wrong with it. Surely you should be able to use a standard jpeg file, right? How should I export my images from photoshop to use in Morpheus? What kind of jpegs or other files does it actually read?

Thank you
Elln

Re: Can't import jpegs

Postby Elln » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:09 am

So, it turns out, the images need to be in the same hard drive as the application for it to work.
I moved my picture to Macintosh HD from my hard drive and it works fine now. But I find this an inconvenience to be frank. I feel like I need to change my work flow and mess up my computer for this software to work.
I just hope an update will address this issue soon
Elln

Postby Ark » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Which hard drive the files are on should not matter. There is a bug for certain foreign letters in the folder path or file name that cause the files not to be able to be opened sometimes, which will be fixed in the next release. Any standard JPEG file should be able to be opened, it does not matter how it is formatted or what size it is.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Elln » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:38 am

One of the folders on my path is called : •••• SIDE PROJECTS
So maybe is the symbols that create the problem.
Thanks Ark
Elln

Postby fifi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:13 am

I´ve got the same problem. For a while it worked perfektly but now i cannot import any jpgs at all. i work with mac, my size is: 1754x1240 with 150 dpi. He saiys: unable to open the file. Can you help me?
fifi

Return to General Questions