Image Quality

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Image Quality

Postby johnimmel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:00 pm

So far I am very disappointed with the quality of my morph when I render it---very jerky through the transition.

Can you please provide me with the best settings both while putting my morph together in Morpheus (quality, frame-rate, etc.) and when I render it? I want it considerably smoother.

I look at some of the example morphs I see on your site and feel that I am not even close to that same quality. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

At the moment my general morph settings are 50 "frames in this morph" with 25 frames as "hold" at both start and end. My "quality" setting is 90, render speed is 1, frames per second is 30.

Is a faster "morph" setting better to eliminate this?---though I do like the visual pace I have now.

I am using an imac (brand new) and want to finish my project on DVD.

I have tried a variety of different settings while "rendering" but so far nothing satisfactory.
johnimmel

Re: Image Quality

Postby Ark » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:55 pm

Higher FPS will result in a smoother animation. 30 is generally good enough, although you can do 60 if you want.
More frames in the morph will result in a longer, more drawn out animation that will appear to be a smoother transition, unless you make it excessively long or only have a small amount of transition between your two pictures. In that case, you will have such a smooth animation that not much changes between some of the frames, and you start to notice individual pixels moving.

Another thing to keep in mind is the file format you render to. The Preview window will not guarantee a real-time playback if your CPU cannot keep up with the settings you select. Normally on most computers it will play in real time unless your animation size is very large (the default is 320x240 pixels though). Try rendering to Quicktime with the H.264 codec, using the Professional edition of Morpheus. It will produce higher quality files than Animated GIF or Flash SWF formats.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby johnimmel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Many thanks---I'll give those suggestions a try.

One additional clarification please---at the moment I am using 50 frames in each morph (my sequences have approximately 35 morphs in them). Do I have a better chance of smoothness with more than 50 or less than 50? Or does it simply depend on the amount of transition?---I have tried to keep the amount of transition minimal---I am "watching" my children grow up one year at a time.
johnimmel

Postby Ark » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:42 pm

With a small amount of transition and very similar pictures, if you are getting small individual pixel movements, then you may want to either decrease the number of frames, or increase the entire size of the animation (Width/Height in Timeline Options) to allow for more room to move in the animation.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions