frame rate vs. appearance

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

frame rate vs. appearance

Postby johnimmel » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:46 am

I am puzzled by a couple things I am seeing.

I have set my frame rate to 30.

But when I view at different "draft speeds" my morphs appear faster or slower depending.

ALSO---it seems my "viewing speed" is affected by the physical screen size I am viewing at---if I open the Preview window larger, the speed slows down and vice versa.

I hope I am making myself clear.

What should my settings be to know what my finished product will look like?
johnimmel

Postby Ark » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:10 pm

The draft speed at higher than 1 simply renders less pixels in order to render closer to realtime if you have a slower computer. Select Proof instead to see the actual size of your animation, how it would be rendered when you select to render your timeline.

If the Preview Window cannot render the current size (Draft or Proof) in realtime, due to your CPU not being fast enough, then it will slow down in order to show you ever frame how it would be rendered. If you are more interested in the speed and smoothness of your animation, select a higher draft speed and stretch the window as large as you want, or use Draft Speed 1 and shrink the preview window smaller.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby johnimmel » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:51 pm

OK---now I see---"proof" gives me accurate speeds.

And I now understand the other visual speed differences.

Thanks
johnimmel

Return to General Questions