resizing photos

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

resizing photos

Postby johnimmel » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:18 pm

This seems like a no-brainer, but when I click the +10% key in the Morph window, I see the increase in size BUT do not see it when I Preview.

What am I doing wrong?
johnimmel

Postby Ark » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:55 pm

The preview window, by default, shows you what your animation will look like, but not the actual size of the animation you can render. The preview window, in draft mode, will stretch to fill the area given, making it smaller or larger as needed. If you change to Proof mode, it will display the actual size that you have set in the Timeline Options window, using empty space or scrollbars around the edges as needed.

Zooming in and out of the pictures in the picture windows does not resize them, it simply lets you view them in more or less detail to place dots more precisely.
Your pictures are stretched to fill the area you have set by for the animation in the Timeline Options window.
Ark
Site Admin

re-size photos

Postby johnimmel » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:57 pm

So I guess I am still a bit confused.

Can I re-size a photo (I made two of the heads a bit too small in my original import)?

I guess my other option would be to re-import those two photos?

Many thanks
johnimmel

Postby Ark » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:28 pm

You should always use the largest, highest resolution pictures you can for the source images in Morpheus. They will be scaled down to fit the size you define in the Timeline Options window, but when things are morphed in ways that stretch areas larger, you will get better detail if the source pictures provide more detail.

I would recommend using pictures of the two heads as large as possible. If you re-load similar pictures of the same aspect ratio, but larger dimensions, and the pictures are otherwise cropped the same, just larger, then you won't even need to adjust the dots after re-loading your pictures. The dots will be scaled larger automatically.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby johnimmel » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:36 pm

Many thanks for your quick answers.

But I am still having issues.

What I have created is a series of Morphs over 32 separate photos---all of them are head shots of my oldest son.

Each original is a scan from a photo out of our family albums.

The quality isn't great---I cropped into each photo and did a bit of retouching to get out the worst dust marks and scratches.

What I am fighting is a couple of the photos that I have imported into Morpheus---let's say photos #12 and #13 having a head-size a bit smaller than I'd like for the shot just before and just after.

When I do the 10% larger command I like the new size of the head BUT it doesn't seem to "stick"---when I "Preview" it is the original size head, not the 10% larger that I am after.

Perhaps I am simply misunderstanding what you have already told me to do, but I am still puzzled.

Many thanks.
johnimmel

Postby Ark » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:41 pm

There is no "10% larger" command, so I am not sure what you are doing. I am guessing that you are zooming in, such as rolling the mouse wheel up one click, or selecting Zoom In from the Picture menu.

As was mentioned above though, the zoom command is for looking at the pictures and placing dots. It does not change the size of the picture used for the animation.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby johnimmel » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Many thanks---looks as though I will have to re-import the photos I want a touch larger.

BUT, when looking at the "Morph 1 Starting Picture" frame, I do see four possible picture modification commands in the upper right frame---"+", "-", "zoom to 100%" and "zoom to window".

The "+" and the "-" are both in 10% increments.

It was my feeling that I could re-size the individual photo here.

John
johnimmel

Return to General Questions