Importing to Vegas

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Importing to Vegas

Postby Fretless » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:06 pm

I try to import my morphs to Sony Vegas and it only loads the first picture even though the morph has 2 and is some 4 seconds long. Everything I tried only puts in the first pic in and no movement.
I want to add a logo and voice over to the morph. How can I load the rendered morph to play> It plays as an AVI but not in Vegas.
Fretless

Postby Ark » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:56 pm

This sounds like a problem with Sony Vegas, and you may want to contact Sony for support instead.
Morpheus lets you render to standard file formats, such as AVI with the Professional edition. These AVIs would be no different than AVIs created by any other software. Perhaps Sony Vegas does not support importing AVIs?
Ark
Site Admin

RE VEGAS AND NOT TAKING AVI

Postby Fretless » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:10 am

Nope. That's not it. For I went to a typical Windows AVI file, dragged it into Vegas and it loaded and played. The project I saved, created in Morpheus, was the work as an uncompressed AVI. Played it on several different players (WMP/Quicktime/VLC/Nero)...all play it fine. When I drag the SAME AVI FILE......it only plays the first pic....no morph....And when you drag the morph out in Vegas, it just repeats the same first picture! It is somewhere in saving the finished product or something wrong with this software. I have a time sensitive project that needs to be done before the MLB playoffs.
What other form can it be saved in WITHOUT HAVING THE CLIENT download a player or codec? This is a PAIN! It should WORK on WMP. The morphs play back on WMP. BUT, I can't load a finished MORPHEUS product into Vegas via a finished AVI created with your product. OTHER WMP AVI's can be loaded into a Vegas project with NO issues, so something is messed up with the mixdown procedure.
Fretless

Re: RE VEGAS AND NOT TAKING AVI

Postby Ark » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:19 am

Fretless wrote:uncompressed AVI. Played it on several different players (WMP/Quicktime/VLC/Nero)...all play it fine. When I drag the SAME AVI FILE......it only plays the first pic....no morph....And when you drag the morph out in Vegas, it just repeats the same first picture!

What you are describing here is that the AVI file created by Morpheus plays fine in these 4 players, but does not play correctly in Vegas. That indicates a problem with Vegas.

Are you rendering "both ways" (in Timeline Options, Render Direction) or just forward?

Are you using Uncompressed AVI, or Compressed AVI with the (Raw Uncompressed) option selected for the codec?

Have you tried a compressed AVI with a different codec instead of uncompressed? You can always export it from Vegas in a different format since you are not using the format from Morpheus as the final AVI anyway.

Codecs are unfortunately the nature of AVIs. If you wish to use AVI files, there is never a guarantee that your client will have any codecs installed at all. Windows Media Player will play any AVI, you never *need* to download other players, but anybody who wishes to view the AVI will need to have installed the codec that was used to create that AVI.
Ark
Site Admin

re Morph / W/ Vegas

Postby Fretless » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:31 pm

You highlighted the fact that I used uncompressed AVI, but then still asked if it was compressed or not. SO regardless, It is not working. I can load other morphs into Vegas and they work fine. So I'll try crappy flash or something. Or load all the Jpegs seperately into Vegas, THEN compile the morph. This kind of stuff never ends. Ya can't just buy and use a program and every clown out there uses a different codec? Why can't Morpheus make ONE WORKS ALL as an option instead of HOURS of trying different players.
Fretless

RE: B y the way

Postby Fretless » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:33 pm

I forgot to thank everyone during my issue. So thanks everyone.
Fretless

Postby Ark » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:41 pm

If you don't answer the questions, we don't have a clear picture of exactly what you are doing, and won't be able to assist further in this matter.

None of the codecs are created by Morpheus, in fact, the AVI creation process is all handled by Microsoft DirectShow. Codecs and DirectShow are 3rd party software. Morpheus hands off the raw rendered frames to DirectShow and tells it to create an AVI with the codec you select, but it is impossible for any company to make a codec that works on all user's computers automatically, because those users would not have the codec installed! It doesn't even make sense.

There is new information that you have other morphs that work in Vegas but not this one? What is the difference between these morphs that work and ones that do not? Originally you made it sound like none of your morphs could be imported into Vegas.
Ark
Site Admin

RE: HUH?

Postby Fretless » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:54 pm

I answered ALL the questions and nothing is new. The very first thing I wrote after being questioned was that it was Not compressed. Also that I had no problems before. I tried compressed/ uncompressed/ .........
Regardless, thanks for your time. I'll look at the Vegas properties but I've been doing quite well professionally with Vegas and Sonar. No problems with ANY AVIs ever.
Fretless

Re: RE: HUH?

Postby Ark » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:48 pm

Fretless wrote:No problems with ANY AVIs ever.

This statement seems quite in contradiction to what you started out saying.

You did not answer these questions that we may use to investigate the problem further:

Are you rendering "both ways" (in Timeline Options, Render Direction) or just forward?

Are you using Uncompressed AVI, or Compressed AVI with the (Raw Uncompressed) option selected for the codec?
Both of these result in uncompressed AVIs, but one uses no codec though DirectShow, while the other just writes raw frames directly to a file, bypassing DirectShow, and using a more aggressive file index method for frame re-use (relevant when rendering "both ways" or with the first/last frame of the morph held for longer).

You said you tried Compressed, but which codec specifically did you try, and what were the results?
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Fretless » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:48 pm

The project I saved, created in Morpheus, was the work as an uncompressed AVI POSTED ON Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:10 am

the above I copy/pasted from the earlier post.

I DID FAIL to say it was rendered back and forth 1 complete time. I've mentioned the codec settings 3 emails ago.
AVI codec used both times compressed and uncompressed.
There is no mention when rendering ie. as an alert or basic info heads up if one pass forward or PLUS reverse has any effect on the final render.
Once again...
rendered AVI both comp.and non comp.
Have rendered both versions one pass and file passing back and fourth.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using Win XP, 512 GeForce 8400 Nvidia, 4G ram/Intel core 2 duo/M-Audio Delta 1010

Hook me up ......... I have a time sensitive project to use this in.
SO what would you render as for this?
I am inputting it into Vegas to over dub audio and text overlays, using a "motto" I'm creating using the Morph subjects as the clincher or "hook" as it were.
Fretless

Postby Ark » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Have you tried changing the Render Direction to just "Forward" and then rendering to Uncompressed AVI? Does this work in Vegas or not?

Also try changing the "Frames to hold for at start/end" both to 0 in Morph Options, and check again, also with render direction only set to forward and using uncompressed AVI.

You do not mention when you select Compressed AVI from Morpheus, which codec you are selecting. Are you only selecting (raw uncompressed) from the codec selection screen?

Have you tried a codec such as DivX or XviD?
Ark
Site Admin

re: more

Postby Fretless » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Yes, I've tried everything but not all in the same order.
I really had hopes of getting this "Offering" to the P****s team by the end of this week. It is not expected, just a killer promo idea I have and I've done some work with this pro baseball team and was hoping to get a "side door" in, so to speak.
It's really a solid promo as far as promo ideas go and Morpheus is the kicker. I wouldn't even bother with the idea if this software was not AFFORDABLE to the starving/disabled artist.
Thanks again
I DO thank you for you continued help. Stay in there pal 8)
Fretless

Postby Ark » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:27 pm

If you've tried everything, and none of the AVIs can be imported into Vegas, including even compressed AVIs using DivX, then this is clearly a problem with Vegas that we cannot do anything about.

I was suspect that perhaps Vegas can simply not deal with complex indexes in AVIs that specify frame re-use, which is part of the AVI standard that Morpheus uses in the uncompressed AVI format to save space. It only comes into play with "both ways" render direction or holding the start/end frame longer than the rest of the frames though.

Without a baseline of some AVIs from Morpheus that work and some that do not, there is no way we can work to narrow down the problem or provide a work-around.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Fretless » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:03 am

Vegas costs hundreds of dollars and the program is not working.
You don't know Vegas.
Fretless

Return to General Questions