Render Crashes Program

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Render Crashes Program

Postby fredb38 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:58 pm

When trying to render my pictures I select XVID MPEG-4 Codec under Video Compression
compressor:
The program then locks up and a windows pops up saying the program has stopped working.
Seems like XVID MPEG-4 is the problem but not sure how to fix.
I have also tried to render a sample file and I get the same results. Program stops working and closes.
fredb38

Postby Ark » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Depending on the version of XviD you have, try one or both of the following things.

Click Configure from the Video Compression screen to reach the codec's own configuration options. Choose Other Options at the bottom of the dialog.
Under the encoder tab:

1) Set number of threads to 1 instead of 0. Some versions of XviD crash when trying to render on two or more cores at once. This probably only happens if you have a 2 core or higher CPU like many newer computers do.

2) Uncheck the box for "Display encoding status". This screen can often conflict with the windows the application is displaying, since codecs are not supposed to display windows of their own while compressing a file. Why this is checked by default on some versions of XviD, I do not know.
Ark
Site Admin

Render Crashes Program

Postby fredb38 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Thanks for the help. Applied steps 1 & 2 and that solved the problem.
Not sure what step fixed the problem but I do know that my computer has two cores so step one might have been the one.
Thanks again
fredb38

Return to General Questions