Photo Warper v3.01 Professional for Mac Doesn't Save Setting

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Photo Warper v3.01 Professional for Mac Doesn't Save Setting

Postby ChuckeeTee » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:38 pm

I use Photo Warper v3.01 Professional for the Mac quite a bit. First off, it crashes on a very regular basis. I will be using the program and it literally just crashes and exits the program. Please let me know how to make is run without these recurring shutdowns. Thank you.

Secondly, none of the settings in the initial dialogue box is saved each time the program is started. For example, I use all the advanced tools but every time I turn on the program the basic tools button is checked. Also, I never want to see the wizard at Startup but it comes on every single time, even when I uncheck the box "Show this wizard when the program starts" box then close the program and immediately open it back up. How do I correct this? Thank you?
ChuckeeTee

Postby Ark » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Please reinstall the application. Ensure that you have write permissions to the location in your user's directory where program settings are stored.
Ark
Site Admin

Warper Doesn't Save Settings and Crashes Often

Postby ChuckeeTee » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:49 am

Per your instructions I reinstalled Warper and it still saves no settings at all (even the disable automatic update checkmark). It also crashes very, very often. fyi, I also have the morpher program and it does save the settings so I don't think there is an issue with my machine setup. Please help. Thanks.
ChuckeeTee

Postby Ark » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:00 am

Preferences should be stored in ~/Library/Preferences/com.Morpheus.Morpheus Photo Warper.plist

Please check the permissions of that file or files with similar names in that location.

The only known crash issue is when the check for auto updates is blocked due to firewall or OS X system settings and after the ~30 second timeout after program startup, newer versions of OS X crash the app instead of notifying it that no connection could be made to our website. Disabling the check for new updates will get around this issue. A work-around will be released with the next version.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions