Highly Pixelated Renderings

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Highly Pixelated Renderings

Postby ChuckeeTee » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:33 pm

I use Photo Morpher v3.01 Professional for the Mac and it often renders with highly pixelated areas. I keep the render speed at the default of 1 and have tried different quality starting and finishing images as well as different compression types (i.e. best, high, medium, etc.). It seems to pixelate pretty badly on shadow areas as well as skin tones.

The funny thing is that in Morpheus in the preview window they all look great. But when they are converted to quicktime files they look horrible and often not even usable. Please help. Thanks.
ChuckeeTee

Postby Ark » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Don't set the rendering speed option above 1 if you do not want to use the quality/speed tradeoff to render your animation faster.
Ark
Site Admin

Still pixelated

Postby ChuckeeTee » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 am

I always set the rendering at 1. I want the highest quality end product. But I still get very heavy pixelation with certain images (even very high quality images). Is it possible for me to send you my layouts to take a look? It is very frustrating when the morphs look so good in the preview window but are completely useless once rendered. Thanks for your help.
ChuckeeTee

Postby Ark » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:56 am

You may attach your layouts and please include the two or more picture files you use as well, as they are not stored inside the layout file. Use the support link at the top of this page.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby epizzis » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:54 pm

I began using this product today and I've had the same issue. When I set the options to render a Quicktime movie (any codec), the final movie looks down-rezzed, grainy and color-palette limited (like an 8-color GIF).

The only way I got sharp, anti-aliased imagery on par with what I was seeing in app was to render out separate PNG files. I would then have to open the sequence in Quicktime Player 7 and save a MOV file from there.

Other miscellaneous oddities:

Pressing the keyboard shortcuts ('A' for Add Dots, 'D' for Move Dots) does not trigger the tools. I have to use the mouse and menu to select them, or click on the tool's icon in the toolbar. Makes adjusting morphs VERY tedious.

The "Connect Dots" icon in the menubar has its right side clipped off. It is still clickable, though.

Rendering an uncompressed AVI resulted in a movie that Quicktime Player couldn't recognize. Any info on the codec you can provide us Mac users?

The application also shows *two* Apple menus -- the actual one in its usual position (with working menu), and a faux one to the right of it, with a smaller Apple icon, that highlights when clicked (no menu).

I'm using the latest version, 3.01, running on 10.6.2.
epizzis

Return to General Questions