rendering

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

rendering

Postby monty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:00 pm

I would like to get answers on the following 2 questions please:

I am using Photo Morph v3.10 on a 32 bit XP machine: 1.5 gig memory.I use Adobe Premier Pro 2 for video editing & Adobe Encore for burning DVD

Question 1 Sometimes when I render in Morph the 1st frame in the avi is green.

Question 2 When I render in morph I am given a large number of codecs to choose from. The default seems to be XviD MPEG-4 Codec. I do not have the faintest idea which to select. I want to use a morph of "growing-up" photos in a wedding video. I import the Morph (avi) to my project of a complete wedding video. The final product, or parts thereof will be used:

for burning a DVD
to show clips on my web page
I would like to make the clips down- loadable from my web page

So the question is which codec should I use & must I select "uncompressed" or "compressed" ?

Your opinion will be appreciated.

Monty

:?
________
weed vaporizers
Last edited by monty on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
monty

Postby Ark » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:53 am

AVI files are only containers for compressed movies. The compression requires a 3rd party "codec" and the person viewing the AVI must have that codec installed as well to view it. Unfortunately, Windows does not come with any high-end great codecs. Morpheus tries to select any MPEG-4 basec codecs you have installed, such as DivX or XviD. If the users do not have the codec you used to compress the AVI, they can always download it before viewing it. Many people do have DivX and/or XviD installed, but it is not a guaranteed thing.
As for the green issue, you may have an outdated version of some codec and there may be a bug in how it is compressing. Morpheus hands off the animation exactly as you would see it in the Preview Window to Micrsosoft's DirectShow interface, which in turn hands off the animation to the selected Codec.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions