Rendered AVI Files

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Rendered AVI Files

Postby Duncan Rennie » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:35 am

Can anyone explain why a trial photo-morph Windows AVI (4sec, 106Mb) rendered with Morpheus Photo Animation Suite 3.11 Professional, cannot be displayed by Sony Vegas Pro 8? All I get when I import the file is 4sec of the opening frame - yet the file runs properly on Windows Media Player (FREE), Windows Movie Maker (FREE), Corel WINDVD (Not FREE) etc.
The correct settings for PAL (720 X 576) and everything else I could set have been observed, but... NO MORPHIN' NO NUFFIN'!!
Somebody must know what I am doing wrong.
Thanx.
Duncan Rennie

Postby Ark » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:56 am

What codec did you use? Does Sony Vegas Pro support all codecs or only a certain one?
Ark
Site Admin

AVI Problems

Postby Duncan Rennie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:18 am

Thanks for suggestion, Ark (is your real name Noah?) - Sony Vegas (being very clever) makes no mention of CoDecs. However... a trip to Sony's own website KnowledgeBase revealed someone else was having problems displaying AVI files. The solution was to load the AVI file into Windows Movie Maker, "Save To Computer" and save as DV AVI.
That actually worked!! File loaded no problem

Thanks for your time

Duncan.
Duncan Rennie

Postby Ark » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:22 am

DV Video Encoder should be one of the available codecs inside of Morpheus, so you should be able to save directly to that format.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions