Can't Activate Behind Proxy Server

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Can't Activate Behind Proxy Server

Postby ToothpickBandit » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:53 pm

I am trying to install Morpheus Photo Animation Suite on a Mac at work. When I run the activate wizard it tells me that I must be online to activate.

Access to the internet is controlled by a proxy server, set up correctly in system preferences. I read somewhere in the forums that the activation wizard uses the system proxy settings. I can access the internet, posting this from the affected computer. The proxy server filters based on MAC address not on specific applications, although some ports may be closed.

Is there a way to manually set the proxy preferences for the activation wizard?
Can you provide me with a list of ports & websites used by the activation wizard and I will grant explicit allow privileges in the proxy server configuration?

Thanks

PS I cannot access the Internet WITHOUT going through the proxy so it would be helpful to resolve this issue
ToothpickBandit

Postby Ark » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:17 pm

The activation request uses a standard web request, on port 80, to morpheussoftware.net. There is no way to configure anything special inside of Morpheus regarding your internet settings.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby ToothpickBandit » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Interesting.

Running Wireshark we discovered that the activation wizard is not talking to the proxy server and that's why it thought that the machine wasn't connected to the internet. We did manage to complete activation by setting the IP address and gateway manually using a temporary server.

It would be handy if the activation wizard would use the system proxy settings. Alternatively if the proxy settings could be manually entered into the activation wizard this would work as well. (We have other applications that allow manual entry of the proxy settings during activation)

I am worried that if the iMac is replaced at some future point that the temporary server we used may no longer be available and we would then be unable to activate Morpheus
ToothpickBandit

Return to General Questions