Poor Quality End Picture

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Poor Quality End Picture

Postby jjones_hhs » Mon May 04, 2009 6:51 pm

I've left the quality at 75, rendering 1, but after the morph, my end picture has a poor (pixelated) quality. Also, I cannot seem to get the rendered uncompressed AVI files to play in Movie Maker or Roxio VideoWave with any kind of decent quality. When I preview the morph in Draft speed 1 or the proof, it doesn't look that bad. But the quality is poor outside of Morpheus. Any suggestions?
jjones_hhs

Postby Ark » Mon May 04, 2009 7:23 pm

What size are you rendering to - width/height settings in the Timeline Options window. The quality of the pictures is also largely defendant on the quality of the two source images you used to create the animation.

Setting the Preview window to Proof will show you exactly what the frame will look like as it is saved. Any further quality loss from that is strictly the codec you select or the result of the file format. In the case of Uncompressed AVI, each frame will appear exactly as you see it in Proof mode.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby jjones_hhs » Tue May 05, 2009 11:00 am

I leave the size as automatic in the Timeline Options window. I have cropped my pictures so that they are as close as possible in size and layout. I'm rendering these in Uncompressed AVI and the proof preview looks fine, but when I insert it into Movie Maker or any other program, the quality isn't what I see in the proof preview pane. The quality of the pics is high, so I'm not sure what the problem is and why it doesn't look like it does in the preview pane. Maybe I'm hoping for too much, but I bought the Professional version because I thought the Uncompressed AVI would give me the quality I was looking for. Any more suggestions?
jjones_hhs

Postby Ark » Tue May 05, 2009 11:16 am

The default size is 320x240 or less (to keep the same aspect ratio). Play the AVI in Windows Media Player instead of importing it into the other software. Perhaps that software is reducing the quality.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby jjones_hhs » Tue May 05, 2009 1:08 pm

I set the size to 240x320 for a portrait orientation and tried it, and it still looks great in the proof, just not in anything else. I'm morphing several baby pictures into their senior (school) pictures for a slideshow at an assembly. We used to use MORPH program and insert the AVI files into PowerPoint, but the program is malfunctioning and the AVI files from this program won't play for me in PowerPoint-they just go black. I've tried rendering as animated gifs, and they won't work either. I need a way to play all the morphs in one movie or presentation. Do you know of another software that movie maker or Roxio's video wave that might help me with this?
jjones_hhs

Postby jjones_hhs » Tue May 05, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm sorry-do you know of another software other than Movie Maker or Roxio's Video Wave that could help me with this? I should have READ my last sentence rather than THINK it!! :?
jjones_hhs

Postby Ark » Tue May 05, 2009 1:42 pm

The problems you describe are typical of Power Point and AVI files, and is not an issue with Morpheus. Any AVI from any source would have the same playback problems with Powerpoint. You would need to contact Microsoft fore more information about their product and what file formats are supported in slideshows.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby jjones_hhs » Tue May 05, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks for your help!!!
jjones_hhs

Return to General Questions