Can't connect to your activation server

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Can't connect to your activation server

Postby cinchent » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Repeated connection attempts to your activation server fail. Yes, I've disabled my firewall. How do I get this activated? I've got an animation to get done...
cinchent

Postby Ark » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Our activation server is up and has not been down at all. If the program reports that it cannot reach it, then there is no other possibility other than something on your computer or network is blocking access, either from Morpheus.exe or to our website at morpheussoftware.net.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cinchent » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Well, my firewall is completely deactivated, and I'm accessing this forum here just fine from the same machine. Is there no other way to activate my copy if your activation system is not functioning?

Grumble, grumble...
cinchent

Postby Ark » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:17 am

Sometimes disabling a firewall program actually leaves them blocking everything by default. Others, you will need to go in and specifically create a rule to all Morpheus.exe access to the internet, or allow access to www.morpheussoftware.net. Just because your web browser is being allowed access does not mean you are allowing access to other software. On any default installation of Windows with no 3rd party firewalls or internet security software or proxies, there will not be any issues activating unless you are really not online.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby cinchent » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:39 pm

Well, Ark, Customer Service provided me a way to register this by e-mail, so there's a workaround for this problem. However... this has been, without a doubt, the most convoluted online registration process ever.

Folks have firewalls and anti-virus apps. Expecting completely vanilla platforms for your product installation is unrealistic and unreasonable. I explicitly added morpheus.exe to a list of apps with full firewall-bypass permissions. I disabled both the firewall and the anti-virus app on my system, along with every other kind of protection -- anti-spyware, etc. etc. Even with all that, Morpheus still wouldn't successfully register.

Your developers should really consider making this less of a hassle...
cinchent

Postby Ark » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 pm

*Most* people's firewalls and anti-virus apps don't cause problems, and for those who do, most people are also able to configure them to temporarily or permanently allow access for Morpheus. We can't be expected to support every 3rd party software out there which may be blocking access, but if you can provide the details of the software which was blocking your access, and how to get around it, it may help other users in the future. I see this issue on here now and then, and while I'd like for 100% of people to be able to activate without trouble, it is something that is outside of our control.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions