can't advance to next photo in timeline

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

can't advance to next photo in timeline

Postby usanyou » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:00 pm

this is prob'ly something obvious but.. i have 27 photos in my timeline but after editing the first 14, i'm unable to advance to the next one. the scroll bar doesn't seem to want to move and i don't see any other way to bring up the photos.

is this a bug with my install maybe..?

thx in advance for your help...
usanyou

Postby Ark » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:27 pm

There are no known ways that could happen. Please try changing the skin in the View menu, or checking/unchecking the Preview all Frames button in the timeline window.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby usanyou » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:09 am

hi Ark,

i've already tried the 'preview all frames' button but ...nothing.

and unfortunately for me, changing the skin involves upgrading and well, i'm a Scot at heart. what can i say..?

so, this is a new bug for you guys? no other suggestions..?
usanyou

Postby Ark » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:40 am

I'm just trying to list some ways to force the Timeline Window to update itself. Try View/Timeline and View/Timeline Dockable to toggle it around on and off.

The only time the scrollbar is disable is when there is nothing to be scrolled, because it all fits in the window already.

You can try re-downloading v3.10 from our website and installing that overtop your current installation as well.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby usanyou » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:54 am

hi Ark,

i'm going to start by assuming that my v3.10 is ok and am about to re-install a couple of different ways. maybe... (maybe?)... something i've installed AFTER Morpheus is interfering with the same dll files...? who knows...?

will update either way...
usanyou

Postby usanyou » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:17 am

hi Ark....

Great News... i re-installed Morpheus using Windows' Program Compatibility Wizard and used the Windows XP settings (didn't select display or administrative suggested settings) and my timeline works now!!! :)

i'm running Windows Vista so obviously THAT was a problem for Morpheus 3.10.

for anyone else with this same problem (or others w/ Vista?) i'm sorry i can't tell you how to call the Compatibility Wizard - it just showed up by itself after the install. i uninstalled M again, and re-installed using the Wizard.

it's all good now...!!!! :)

thx Ark for your time -- hope you didn't get too frustrated, esp knowing now that it's associated w/ Vista....
usanyou

Postby usanyou » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:34 am

...a bit of a change however....

i seem to be unable to view the dockable timeline at the bottom of my workspace AND individual photos in the above workspace -- it's an either/or scenario.

the only way i'm able to manipulate photos is to load timeline in the workspace and dble-click on any photo to load it in the same space ... and move the dots and advance photos accordingly.

seems a little convoluted but i'm not complaining -- it's working.

(i shouldn't be working today anyway)
usanyou

Postby usanyou » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:30 pm

ok, this is the last time i'll comment about this...

it seems that my timeline is affected by skin setting ...although in the Standard edition, i wasn't able to select different skins.

i've since upgraded to the Professional version (Photo Animation Ste) and now that i can select skins (wondering what this was for), i can move the timeline scroll bar. it seems to work for every selection EXCEPT 2007. i've left it on 2003 and i'm having no problem with timeline, work space, etc.

..might want to test this for other Vista environments...?
usanyou

Postby Ark » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:58 pm

There should be no need to use any compatibility wizard. Morpheus is certified to work with Vista and in our test machines, with Aero on, with any skin, including the Office 2007 one, there are no issues and the scrollbar always works as it should.

It sounds like you may have the timeline not docked at the bottom of the screen, so it is like a normal window like the picture windows then. If you enable docking again under the View menu, it will return to the default.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby usanyou » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:34 pm

hi Ark,

actually, i tried every combination of dockings, skins, and everything else that was available to me in the Standard version.

when i upgraded, the only time that the 2007 did work was after changing back to it from another skin. however, after using the scrollbar once on 2007, it ceased working again, and i had to change back to any one of the other choices.

i can't speak to anyone else's issues re: timeline/scrolling irregularities....i only thought it relevant to record mine on the off chance that someone else might have experienced the same idiosyncrasy and could use a workaround. (in fact, i never even knew that Windows had a "Program Compatibility Wizard" until this happened.)

other than this oddity, the program works great and i appreciate having it in my arsenal. it's a great time-killer! :)
usanyou

Return to General Questions