Animation from jpgs

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Animation from jpgs

Postby Joel Me » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:46 am

I want to animate a guy walking, using jpg sketches. I have 2 jpgs: one with the left foot forward, one with the left foot back. I need software that will animate this with all the tween frames.

I do NOT want to define body parts and move them (like with Anime). I want a soft blend effect where the leg fades from one position to the other. Therefore, I figured Morpheus was the software I want. I can create a morph from one face jpg to another, but I cannot create the walk morph.

Maybe the lines feature is what I need to use. However, the documentation is not clear about them. I don't understand what they do, how to use them.

Can anybody help me make a merging animation from jpgs? Can anybody explain the lines feature?

-- Joel
Joel Me

Postby Ark » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:14 am

The lines just help you define the areas that are moving even more precisely.
Turn on the display of the triangles to see how the dots create the triangles and how they move in your animation. If the edges from the triangles automatically generated are not where you want, creating lines will define them exactly how you want.
You can morph pictures like this just fine. There is nothing specific about Morpheus that requires faces.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Joel Me » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Ok, so lines sounds like the way to go - but I can't get them to work. I have two jpgs. I have the image shifting all over when I try to morph between them. I would post the images here, but I don't see a way to do that. - Joel
Joel Me

Postby Joel Me » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Morpheus creates ghost images in the morph frames. These ghosts are not in the same location as either the start or end image. Adding lines does not help. How can I avoid them? (I think I need an exorcist for these ghosts) - Joel
Joel Me

Postby Ark » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:55 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by ghosts. Perhaps you have the paths the dots are taking overlapping other lines, which cause parts of the pictures to slip underneath other triangles. Turn on dots and triangles in the preview window and watch how they move.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Joel Me » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Ah hah! Yes, I do have lines crossing over dots and parts of the picture. That explains it.

But I never saw anything like that in the documentation. Does the manual mention this? I hope so. Any decent manual will cover working with advanced needs.

So what should I do? I can create more jpgs (sketches of more positions) and then morph between them (keyframes). Or is there a way to do this with added lines?
Joel Me

Postby Ark » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Yes, this is mentioned in the help files. Take http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheu ... .php#lines for example.
You do not need to load more than the two JPGs into Morpheus, but if you need to define complex paths for the dots to travel throughout the morph, you can use the keyframes feature to do so.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions