YouTube???

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

YouTube???

Postby beachpony » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:35 pm

I can't figure out how to upload my morphs on youtube. :( I had no problem with adding to my blog and to my MySpace but YouTube???

When I render timeline the "save as type" list is: Flash (swf), GIF, png, jpg, tif, bmp, tga, xpm.

I've tried the Flash (swf) and the gif and neither one worked. I also tried to convert it in Microsoft Movie maker and that didn't work.

How the heck do you do this?

Thanks!

Joanne
beachpony

Postby Ark » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:03 pm

YouTube only supports uploading AVI files, which requires the Professional edition of Morpheus Photo Morpher or higher in order to render to.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby beachpony » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.

(snip)Please don't paste the entire webpage

No where did it imply that one needed to buy the professional version!

So??? What can be done?
beachpony

Postby Ark » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:19 pm

There is only one webpage for "Morpheus Photo Morpher" -- the editions are part of the same program. The trial version lets you try all features of all editions. There is only 1 download/installer for "Morpheus Photo Morpher".

You can see the program about-page at http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheusmorph/about.php for a breakdown of the features available in each edition. Also, on the purchase page at https://www.morpheussoftware.net/morphe ... rchase.php there is each edition listed and the features available in each one.

If you want to upgrade to the Professional edition, you can do so for the difference in price, just select the Upgrade Discount option on that purchase page, as well as the Professional edition program, and then verify your previous activation code on the next page.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby kipou » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:32 pm

The info on YouTube's site says that the best formats to upload are FLV, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4.
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/b ... wer=132460
Can we do that with Morpheus?

In other words, how can I generate a good quality morph video to put on YT?

Thanks
kipou

Postby Ark » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Morpheus Photo Morpher v3.11 has a built-in upload wizard that lets you upload directly to YouTube. The only supported file format is AVI, so this would require the Professional edition or higher. You can use any codec, and YouTube will probably be able to handle it, but MPEG-4 based codecs are the best quality, so you'd want to make sure you have something like XviD or DivX installed, and that you select that codec when rendering your AVI from Morpheus.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby kipou » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:40 pm

So.... if I understand correctly, with the pro version, I can generate an .AVI file from Morpheus which I can then convert to a .MPEG-4 file with DivX converter and upload it to YouTube. Is that correct?
kipou

Postby Ark » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:07 pm

AVI is a container format. MPEG-4 is a compression format. DivX and Xvid are two examples of MPEG-4 based codecs which allow you to have MPEG-4 compression inside of an AVI file. You do not need to convert to a "MPEG-4 file" or anything like that.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby kipou » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Thanks for educating me Ark! :-)
I'll give that a try with the Pro version.

Thanks for your help.
kipou

Postby kipou » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:24 am

I tried to buy the Pro upgrade on the purchase page but there is no option to enter an "upgrade discount" option. it takes me directly to PayPal. I can't enter my activation code anywhere??? HOw can I buy the upgrade?
kipou

Postby Ark » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:58 am

At the purchase page, for Morpheus Photo Morpher for example, at https://www.morpheussoftware.net/morphe ... rchase.php select the "Upgrade From a Different Version" option at the bottom. Also select the program you want to upgrade to, or the default upgrade may be entered instead.
There is a similar page for Morpheus Photo Animation Suite at https://www.morpheussoftware.net/morphe ... rchase.php with the same option to select the Upgrade Discount.
You can upgrade from editions (such as Standard -> Professional) or from an individual program to the Suite (Morpher -> Animation Suite), which is why you will want to add the item to your cart at the same time you select the upgrade discount.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby kipou » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:13 am

Silly me! Must have been tired... Everything worked fine. Thanks.
kipou

Postby kipou » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Ark wrote:Morpheus Photo Morpher v3.11 has a built-in upload wizard that lets you upload directly to YouTube. The only supported file format is AVI,....

Where do we find that upload wizard?
kipou

Postby Ark » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:41 pm

The Share menu, or right on the main toolbar near the end there is an icon for it as well.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby kipou » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:57 pm

The "Share" menu that I have offers the following options:
-Email morph to a friend
-Post your morph on the Morpheus website
-Tell a friend about Morpheus
-Keep informed about upgrades

There is no mention of YouTube...
Note: I the latest version of Morpheus Pro for MAC (3.01)
kipou

Next

Return to General Questions