Load files TIF files with alpha channels?

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Load files TIF files with alpha channels?

Postby bart » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:14 am

Hello,

I've downloaded Morpheus Photo Morpher Mac v3.01 Professional trial and worked through the tutorial with sample files.

Could someone please advise if what I'm wanting to achieve is feasible in this software, even if it has to be arrived at by different means to what I describe below?

Ideally, I want to import two TIFF images (start & end frames), each with its own alpha channel masking the background so that I can morph one character into the next, export the animation as a Quicktime movie or TIF sequence with alpha channels, and bring into Adobe After Effects where I can drop a background in, common to all frames. I want to avoid distortion of the background which I'm encountering at present.

Thank you for any comments.
bart

Postby Ark » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:56 am

Yes, you can load TIF files with an alpha channel. You can set the Morph Alpha Channel option in the timeline options window. You also want to set the alpha threshold to 0. You can render your animation with the alpha channel as part of the morph then, as long as the format you are rendering to supports the alpha channel. A series of still PNGs would be the best bet, but series of TIF should work s well. I'm not really sure what QT does with the alpha channel, it may depend on the codec you select, but Morpheus would pass all 4 channels to QT when you render your timeline.
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions