can not be saved as Uncompressed AVI

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Postby Yoko Takashima » Tue May 18, 2004 8:04 am

I am making a series of morph movies required highest quality in order to convert into DVD to be played in an art show. I have 720x480 format. When I try to render for Uncompressed AVI, the error message always appears by "Error writing file! Invalid procedure call or argument". I have no problem with saving into Compressed AVI, however, the file size seems too small, and I suppose Uncompressed AVI would give me bigger thus higher quality, correct? I highly appreciate you can help me on that. Thanks very much.
Yoko Takashima

Postby Ark » Tue May 18, 2004 10:09 am

You can try compressed AVI then picking raw uncompressed frames, which will do basically the same thing. It is not the image size 720x480 that would cause any errors, but without seeing the morph layout it is hard to see what the problem really is.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Yoko Takashima » Wed May 19, 2004 11:32 am

Thanks very much for your reply. I managed to save in Uncompressed AVI however still problem to play in Media Player by saying "Class not Registered". My morph setting is: frame 24/sec, total seconds 7, total frames 168, JPEG quality 100, Rendering speed 1, Stay on ends for 30 frames. Would you be able to tell what is the problem? Thanks again in advance.
Yoko Takashima

Postby Yoko Takashima » Wed May 19, 2004 11:51 am

Just wanted to add. I went to Media Player support page as I thought the inability to play was due to Media Player. Regarding to their guidance, I checked my file in Gspot v2.21. It says: "Corrupt AVI header. This is an invalid AVi file due to corruption of the dta in the header. This is a serious problem, and this file is not likely to playable. Details: while processiong chunk/RIFF:AVI, found bad length value 232244548 at file offset 0x000000e0." My file is total 213MB. Then I tried a smaller version of 91.7MB with only 3 seconds of length with the same frame numbers. Gspot says " Bad chunk in frame data. An invalid chunk has been encountered in the list containing the A/V fame data. Though not as serious as a corrupt heaader, it may still be serious enough to prevent the file from rendering correctly. Details: while processing chunk/RIFF:AVI/LIST:movi, found bad length value 841285685 at file offset 0x001518f4." I have ZERO idea what a heck they are talking about but I thought I let you know this maybe will help to solve my porblem. Thanks again.
Yoko Takashima

Postby Ark » Wed May 19, 2004 12:03 pm

Have you tried picking compressed AVI then picking "raw frames" from the codec list ?
Ark
Site Admin

Return to General Questions