Uploading to morpheus website gallery

Questions or topics about Morpheus Photo Morpher, Warper, Mixer, or Animation Suite v3.00

Uploading to morpheus website gallery

Postby Greetje » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:40 am

I have dsl and have been trying to upload a morph to my gallery. After it renders and I start uploading it reaches 31 seconds and I receive a message that I need to be connected to the internet in order for it to be done. I have left a message with my internet provider but I thought you could offer a fix or suggestion. Thanx
Greetje

Postby Ark » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:21 am

Most likely, you are running some sort of local firewall or security type program which is blocking access to websites on a program by program basis. If your web browser or email works, it does not mean that all other programs can see the internet just fine. You might have to go into them and specifically allow the internet domain morpheusesoftware.net and/or the program Morpheus.exe access. Sometimes even if you temporarily "disable" these types of programs, they continue to block access.
Unfortunately, we can't tell you what other programs you have on your computer, so we have no way to know for sure what is blocking access, but it is most likely not your ISPs fault in this case.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby Greetje » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi
I'm running AVG free antivirus, windows defender and windows firewall through XP. I've allowed exception for morpheus in firewall, I've disabled AVG but cannot find where I can allow exceptions. Windows defender is a bit perplexing. I'm not sure if that would have an effect and I can't find where I might add an exception. Does this help? Also is there a limit on the file size to upload to the galleries? This is a bit large. thanx
Greetje

Postby Ark » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:44 pm

The file size limit is generally 2MB.
We don't have any information about specific antivirus, security, or firewall programs, you may need to contact each individual author of those progarms for more details on how to configure them.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby photon » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:17 pm

I have just encountered the same "need to be connected" "Kill your firewall etc" message, although I had previously posted to the gallery, three times, successfully, with all defences on. Oddly enough it also happened at the 31 second mark mentioned before. With an 8 morph sequence. Odd isn't it? Turning off Norton and spysweeper made no difference at all, the same message occurs. Morpheus the Moody perhaps?
photon

Postby photon » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Most peculiar! Despite my previous query it seems that each time Morpheus told me it hadn't uploaded my morph it had in fact done so perfectly well. I ended up with 8 or so identical entries on the gallery. It was actually the failure message that was wrong not the upload process. Sssspooooky :roll: .
photon

Postby photon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:59 pm

So, further to my last, I still have problems, if I upload as compressed avi it (naturally) relies on the "other" computer having the same codec or the anim wont play. I have not yet been able to upload any flash anims unless they are single morphs (no multi morphs) it still drops me at 30some seconds (31-33) and with that same old "need to be online/firewall" message. Is this simply a filesize problem?
photon

Postby Ark » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:54 am

It has been discovered that IE7 is responsible for the timeouts at ~30 seconds into the upload. Before IE7, the default web connection would time out after 1 hour (3,600,000 milliseconds), but after you install IE7, this is changed to 30 seconds (30,000 milliseconds). When the timeout is reached, Windows tells Morpheus that the connection is "complete" and at that point, there is no HTTP status (200 OK or other such message). It is the same to Morpheus as if you have no internet connection at all, and the upload completely failed. The upload may continue in the background for a short while, and may actually complete, depending on how much was really left to be uploaded. There is no way for Morpheus to know at this point though, since Windows has already told Morpheus that the connection is closed and that the upload has failed completely.

Luckily, the timeout value can be overridden before the upload begins. A new update to Morpheus will set this value specifically to the 1 hour value that IE6 and before had used, which always seemed like a reasonable amount of time when the maximum file size is 2MB anyway. It would take a speed as slow as 0.5KB/s to timeout a 2MB upload after 1 hour.

Simply re-download the installer from our website and reinstall on top of your current install, and you will have this fix. The version should be v3.10.4130 right now. If you have a build older than 4130, such as 4120 or 4125, you should install 4130 if you are having this issue. As an additional way to see if you have the updated build, the copyright message in the about screen was updated a little early to read 2009 instead of 2008.
Ark
Site Admin

Postby photon » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:58 am

I am glad the time out is solved. :D
Is there a similar dowload to sort this out for owners of the photo animation suite.
The one for morpheus single won't activate as this is a "different program"? :?
photon

Postby Ark » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Yes, all four programs in the main Morpheus family have been updated to build 4130. You can download Animation Suite at http://www.morpheussoftware.net/morpheus/download.php
Ark
Site Admin

Postby photon » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:34 am

Thanks, thats all sorted and working really well even the swf.
photon

Return to General Questions